Saturday, November 12, 2005

Thank You, God.

It is GORGEOUS outside.

71 degrees (American), sunny, blue skies with just a few wisps of what may be clouds, but haven't decided to commit to cloudom yet.

I kick up a rabbit while driving my tractor. He's the standard brown and white flavor we have here. Young. Under a year. Cute.

The pond needs attention, but it still looks ok.
My freshly shorn lawn leads right up to the edge of the woods.
The trees are almost bereft of leaves now.
A few hold-outs remain.
The woods, though barren, still looks friendly and inviting.
Truly a show-stopper of a day.


My wife comes home (very) late and I good-naturedly berate her because I was worried about her.
She is beautiful. Inside and out.
I'm so glad she's home.

My daughter drops by; I think she still lives here.
She is beautiful, too.
I am so very happy and grateful they are home and safe.
I'm so proud of them.

No reasons in particular. Just happy they are here.
I love them so much it is painful sometimes.

I look at my surroundings.
At my life.
Not perfect, but part of a perfect system.
Not painless, or certain.
Not without worry (esp in the auto industry!), but life nonetheless.

As I dwell on it all, I laugh a little.

There are many out there that thing this whole world, nay the whole universe, is an accident.
Love is just chemicals and instinct and weakness.

There ain't no way.

I couldn't even buy that "accident" crap when I was an angry borderline atheist.
Oh, I'd spout it, but I knew I was wrong.

Thank you, Jesus.
Thank you, Lord. (With apologies to the Rolling Stones, but no sarcasm in my iteration).

Indeed.

CUG

No comments: