Thursday, December 08, 2005

Vehicular Profiling.

One of the things I like about rural living is the (relatively) low crime rate.
A murder (which usually is quite rare, except for that one year in town nearby) is front-page news pretty much from beginning to conviction.
A vandalism spree is likewise front-page material.

15 miles away from this town is the college where I teach.
It is 5 or 6 miles away from an even smaller town that I couldn't tell you if they've ever had a high profile crime.

So anyway, this sets the stage for my vehicular profiling..

Here's how you can tell if someone is a city-dweller:

When they have a six year old Dodge Neon with some rust, parked in Po-Dunkville, and they have "The Club" on the steering wheel.

Now THAT'S funny.

I felt like waiting out in the parking-lot for the guy just so I could say, "You ain't from around here, are ya?", but I didn't.

No comments: