Thursday, January 19, 2006

Stuff I Got to Play With Part II

Back by popular demand, it's "Stuff I Got to Play With"!

Yay!










The picture above depicts a Thompson/Center chambered in .45 ACP. You don't see very many T/C's in that caliber at all! It is a BLAST to shoot, and is quite sturdy, so one can shoot pretty hot rounds through it. It is also quite accurate. If you have never shot one, it is a single-shot weapon, and breaks in the middle to load (like a double barrel shotgun does). This was my first experience with a T/C, and I can honestly say it was pretty cool.
*sigh*
Another one for the wish list...


Here are a couple of sweet wheel-guns:










The top pistol is a Smith and Wesson Model 17 in 22 Long Rifle with an 8 3/8" barrel.
Nice and heavy, and a tack driver to boot (with the right operator that is).

The bottom one is a stainless steel Smith and Wesson Classic Hunter in .41 Mag with (I think) a 6 or 7" barrel.
This is the second .41 Magnum I have shot, and I am developing an affinity for this round.
It makes a nice bang, has good muzzle energy, but is still relatively managable from a recoil standpoint (for a round of that magnitude!).
Truly a hoot to shoot!
(The wish list continues to grow.)

Thanks to H for letting me drool on and use the revolvers, and also a thank you to B for allowing me the unique pleasure of firing the T/C, too!

Yeah, those guys rock... :)

Stay tuned right here for more gooey bloggy gun goodness!

Now go join the NRA!!!

No comments: