Thursday, July 20, 2006

Ogmeet 2006: Friday

Friday:

Left Ohio at about 12:30 PM.

1:00 PM Hit the turnpike.

1:30 PM Hit FREAKIN' HURRICANE KATRINA'S BIG SISTER IN INDIANA.
Pull over at first service isle and sit in truck for 20 min.
The storm is blinding. Literally.

1:50 Have to pee.
Torrential downpour is NOT helping matters at all.
So. Much. Water.

1:55 Popeye mode: That's all I can stands, and I can't stands no more.
Look for slackening of storm (ha!) and make my move.

1:57 Enter plaza COMPLETELY DRENCHED TO THE SKIN.
Happiness is not present in abundance at this point.

1:58 Go pee.

2:06 Rush back to truck, and realize how moronic it is to rush, as I can be no wetter.

Drive 45 minutes - hit another hurricane (WTF?!?!).
This one doesn't require stopping, just slowing, and mostly slowing for people going slower than I (grrrrrrr).

Rain abates, but later, hit mini-hurricane right before Illinois border.
Slow down.
I am still fairly damp from my initial soaking.

Hit Illinois, and realize between the time zone change, the rain, and my piss-poor planning, I have just hit the Dan Ryan Expressway, in all of its glorious construction-filled wonder, at rush-hour on a Friday afternoon.
Oh, joy.

@(#*#&#^@%&@;#*)$;$#@!@#*^%$$*#^@%^@&#$*#^@^@!!!!!!!

I'm so aggravated, that I yelled at some asshatically-inclined driver, and called him a f**k-weasel.

I have no idea what that means.

Approximately 3 stressful hours later, pull into the Stonewood Ale House and meet Leslie.
My shirt is still wet where it was tucked in.

Drink a Guinness (mmmmm.....) and chat with the lone Leslie.
Depart briefly to drop cache of weapons and ammo off at hotel.
Return and meet really cool bloggers that are now arriving.

Saturday: Range day....