Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sarah Khan - A Tribute















Sarah Khan is the name of the lady I got from The 2996 Project.

Sarah was murdered on September 11th, 2001 in New York City.

I didn't know Sarah.
Yet amazingly, writing this is still very emotional.
She was only 32 years old, married, and a mother of 2.

Below are some of the comments and inforomation I found about Sarah Khan.

The Surf Spoke to Her


She worked high atop 1 World Trade Center, but Sarah Khan was happiest at sea level. Her idea of a day well spent centered on a trip to Jones Beach with her husband and their two daughters, ages 11 and 13, where they would play volleyball and listen to music over a picnic lunch. The surf would crash and the birds would call, and the Khan family would enjoy every minute of it. "She would make her stuff, and I would go get my ice bucket," said her husband, Nazam. "I have so many pictures of her, out at the beach."

A cafeteria manager for Forte Food, which ran the Cantor Fitzgerald dining rooms, Mrs. Khan, 32, emigrated from Guyana in 1992, arriving in New York where her husband had settled two years earlier. They coordinated their schedules to maximize their time with the children; she worked early and got home when school let out; he went in a little later, after getting everyone ready for the day. On weekends the Khans liked to go to the movies or to the theater, all together.

Mrs. Khan had dark eyes, dark hair and a warm smile, which she lavished on family and friends. "Her pretty smile," her husband said. "That is the first thing you will see."

Profile published in THE NEW YORK TIMES on April 21, 2002.
Some messages:

From: Riaz Khan
Date: 03/14/2006
Message: May Allah rest her sole in peace with the rest of the innocent people who died invain.

From: Michael
Date: 02/10/2006
Message: It is odd....because I was looking online for any info on my ex-gf Sarah Khan whom I lived with for 4 years and who I remember most when we watched the ghastly infliction of 9/11. When I think of her, I think of us watching the televised broadcast nonstop of that day. Ironic.

From: Tristan "ParTy Done CRew!"
Date: 07/08/2006
Message: wow this is hard to believe, u never know what could happen, i know her daughter, shes a sweet girl, i will alwayz be dere for her......


More messages:

Ms. Marie K.Lally
09/12/2002 3:29:20 AM
I will honor and remember your name Sarah Khan forever. May your soul raise again someday. I Know your cousin Robin and his wife Vanie, may GOD help them in there grief. I love them alot, Vanie work for me cleaning my house, and we have become like daughter and mother. May GOD help your husband,and your two children in there grief. Time will heal the pain,that all Americans feel for your loss and this country. I grief for you and your family and for all the other lives that were lost on that day.

ALI JAAN
03/31/2004 2:51:03 PM
i dont know who eva u were sarah .. but u were a soul sent on the planet by GOD ... u must have lived a good life for sure because when god makes someone he also divide happiness and grief to everyone ... I dont have much to say but i'll pray that MAY UR SOUL REST IN PEACE . (amen)

faraz
11/10/2004 2:40:42 PM
i dont know what can i say but i like u thank u

Melinda Khan
12/10/2004 11:06:30 AM
I am so sorry I was pg at the time of 9/11, my dd was born 3 months later and her name is Sarah Khan. I wish you much healing.
And this:

It is one year later. You passed away, and I never met you. Today, at a Day of Remembrance ceremony, in rememberance to the victims who tragically lost their lives, I was given your name. To think about, to remember, to pray for. Sarah, you were close to my age, only 7 years older. We could have been sisters or friends. I am truly sorry you lost your life. That your life ended in the way that it did. But believe me, you will be remembered. I will remember you. The only thing I know about you is your name. But I can imagine that you were loved. By family, by friends. I hope that you are at peace.

And finally this one; it hurts the most:

I miss you so much mommy.It's been so long since i'v seen you and felt your love, but it seems like juss yesterday you gave me a kiss goodnight.You will always be in my heart and i will never forget you. I love you mom
Annie
God bless you, Sarah.
I'm sorry you came to this country to have a better life, only to have it snuffed out so early.
You and your family have my prayers.

It is my hope a tragedy like this never befalls another family ever again.
Wishful thinking, I know.

But I'm still praying for it.

And I will never forget...