Monday, October 23, 2006

A Whopper.

A story told by a now-retired co-worker.
Classic.

Dude:
It was a dark and stormy night.
Two in the morning.
I was riding my Harley Davidson motorcycle down interstate XX.
Tired, but fighting on to finish the ride home.

It is raining hard. Lightening, thunder, sheets of water - one after the other.
The water stings.
I can barely see.
But yet, I continue on.

Then, seemingly out of nowhere, a semitrailer pulls across the interstate to turn left, putting his trail at a perfect right angle to my path!
I do the only thing I can do.

I lay the bike down, and slide under the semi's trailer that has crossed my path. Once on the other side, I manage to right the bike out of the slide, while still moving, and continue riding on.

Co-worker: Holy crap, Dude!! Weren't you scared.

Dude: Nah, but my wife was; she was riding on the back at the time.


And the Academy Award goes to....