Thursday, December 28, 2006

To Quote Homer....

(Click on 'toon to enhugen)















To quote Homer Simpson, "It's funny because it's true."

To quote Vox Day (in the same vein):

Tidings of Comfort and Joy

American Christians have long been the beneficiaries of a cheap and easy grace. There has been little cost to claiming the name of Jesus Christ and even less hindrance to our worship; as a result, we possess a weak and tenuous allegiance to the very faith which defines us. Today, even our greatest church leaders are corrupted by dreams of secular power when they aren't openly fallen into sin, speaking blatant lies as readily as the evil rulers with whom they consort.

This Christmas, remember that Jesus Christ did not promise us an easy way, but a hard and rocky one. He did not promise that we would be loved and admired, but that we would know hatred and scorn. He did not instruct us to seek the approval of the world, but to stand firm to the end.

The War on Christmas will continue, as will the War on Christians, until eventually it expands to encompass what was once a Christian nation. But there is nothing to fear, be of good cheer, for the War on Jesus Christ has already been fought and won by Him whose birth we celebrate today.

Merry Christmas, every one.


Merry Christmas, indeed.
I've wondered more than once if I would deny my Savior if I lived in a place that executed and imprisoned Christians.
Am I willing to die for what I believe in? Maybe. But that is easy to say, isn't it?
I am ashamed to say that I very well might deny. On the outside, anyway.
But maybe Jesus would understand.
I'm not sure.

If I'm going to die for what I believe in, will I get a quick death or a slow one out of the deal?
Call me lame, but that is an important factor to me!

Go read Vox's whole article for examples of this war. It is rather sobering.
His previous one: The War They Can't Win is well worth reading as well.