Monday, March 12, 2007

300 - Wow.




















Took the wife to 300 last night.
This is one of the best movies I have seen for quite some time.

Well written and acted.
Beautifully shot.
Stunning, really.

Chris Byrne of The Anarchangel has a very good review, along with some excellent historical clarifications.

Check it out here: Go Tell the Spartans.

Tons of action, blood and guts. (This movie is NOT for kids!)
Great, destined-to-be-classic lines.
Good and evil.
Pretty women.
Honor and glory.
Politics and deceit.
Did I mention tons of action, blood and guts?
A true guy flick. And Acadamy Award material, too.

The wife also liked it.

But I'm wondering if maybe it's because there were more six-packs on the screen than I have in my basement fridge.

Ironically, my fridge six-packs seem to ultimately hide my personal six pack.
Anyway...

GO.
SEE.
THIS.
MOVIE.

Excellent compilation of the trailers here: 300 Tribute - All of the Clips

Molon Labe!!!