Monday, May 14, 2007

Real Conversation - Lifetime Movies

So the CUG-wife is watching a Lifetime Channel movie with Linda Hamilton as a downtrodden, heroic mom with AIDS, and her son. It even had the stereotypically gay, effeminate, black AIDS-infected social worker with a heart of gold. He was Hollywood Montrose from Mannequin all over again.

Of course, the phrase "You go girl!" was heard more than once several times.

Now, fortunately to the wife's credit, watching Lifetime is a rare occurrence - but she is a woman after all, and so she is obligated by law to watch it once in a while.

So I'm kind of drifting in and out of consciousness; I'm tired, there's poor acting, and of course the predictable liberal slant.

Also, like most Lifetime movies, it is long...
REALLY FREAKING INCREDIBLY PAINFULLY ATROCIOUSLY LONG!!!

So I look at the wife and say, "You know, I hate to say it, but I really wish she would die faster".

Good thing there is someone in my life who laughs at my lame comments.
My wife is great; even if she occasionally watches Lifetime...