Monday, August 20, 2007

Protest: August 28th - Buy Ammo!!

Update: More here - The Next Steps Toward Aug. 28
I'm calling dealers around here this evening.

New(? I think.) commenter Gary Anthony suggested that I put up a post regarding David Codrea's - of The War On Guns - idea regarding the evil Brady Center to Disarm, Kill and Castrate All Gun Owners plan to have a national day of protest against freedom, history, and common sense. Here is David's plan:
I'm going to try and start a blog swarm at WarOnGuns to get gun owners to buy a box of ammo on Tuesday August 28--be nice if gun stores would offer some sort of nominal discount or a door prize (no purchase necessary to enter, just to keep things legal) or some such on that day to encourage this--Tuesdays may typically be slow days anyway, so this would get people in their stores and probably work out to their profit.

It'd be nice unintended consequences for the Bradys if we could demonstrate a few percentage points of sales increases on that day because of this.


OH NOOOOOES!! Don't make me buy ammo!!! I don't have anything to use it in...

Heh. I'm down.
And I hope you are, too.

So, if you're a gun owner, a shooter or just interested in liberty, then go buy (at least) a box of ammo on Tuesday AUGUST 28th. Heck buy a gun and a whole case of ammo to go with it!!

And I know, some will say -
"But jimmyb, I don't own a gun, so why would I buy ammo"
- to which I have a three part answer:

1. To protect liberty, freedom, your family, your country and its heritage, as well as to make a statement.

B. Why don't you own a gun? Don't you love your family, children, neighbors, and country? Get with the program!! Think of the children, and the puppies!

III. If you can't buy a firearm for financial reasons, or you're just a big sissy, then buy a box of ammo anyway, and give it to a shooter.
FYI, I just happen to know at least ONE shooter who would be happy to take it off of your hands. ;) Any caliber is fine; if I don't own a firearm of that caliber, I may just have to buy one.

Finally, if you are a gunblogger or freedom lover, blog a post or two about this.
We need momentum.