Monday, October 29, 2007

Coming Out of the Closet

Due to my feelings, deep introspection, and perhaps the undue influence of a muscular guy with a mowhawk and a really big, uh... IQ, who drinks fruity mixed drinks with tiny umbrellas in them, I have made the conversion.

It's true.
I'm a Ron Paul supporter.

It started out small... I don't know what happened.
Just little things at first, like the war on (some) drugs, the TSA tards, the Patriot Act, a government ID for my dog, the NAFTA superhighway, the NAU, and my life history going into a federal database because I bought 12 cold tablets.

The Real ID. The Number of the Beast?

Gather 'round!
Freedom's on the march, right?

And then there's the whole gun thing...

Let's face it, Ron Paul is a conservative. A real one.
Not a "well I'm one now!' conservative.

And his voting record backs that up, unlike the "others".

Pro-life? Really?
Then check this out: Ron Paul on Abortion

And I'm not alone.

I know, I know. I've heard it all. MoRons, Paulbots, moonbats, spammers...
Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, Holocaust Deniers, 9/11 “Truthers” Ron Paulites.
Blah, Blah, Blah.
And he's not a "only the pro-war can be conservative" conservative.

I know I am going to lose some readers.
I hope I don't lose any friends.

I'm scared. My country is in peril.
Immensely more so from within than from terrorists and rogue nations.

Paranoid? Maybe.

But I look at England and California, and I see the state of the union in a decade or less.
A police state.
And I have a daughter and nieces and nephews.

So I'm voting for freedom.
And liberty.
And I'm voting for what is right.

And I'm sending the guy money. All I can afford.

And if I'm throwing my vote away, then that's my choice, isn't it?
But I am NOT EVER voting for a liberal just because he has an "R" in front of his name again.
The front runners that Hannity and Co. suck up to; forget it.
McRomney? Gudy? Forget it.

I pushed hard for Bush. Look at my archives.
I took time off from work to go to a rally for him.
Yard signs, donations, the phone bank on election day, heated discussions to sway voters... you name it.
I was on the team.

And he stabbed me in the back. Numerous times.
No more.

I understand the people I talk to that don't vote now.
I don't agree with them; but I understand.

Arguments?
Bring it.

Pro-gun, pro-life, anti-NAFTA, anti-amnesty, anti-IRS, anti-Federal Reserve, anti-UN, anti-ATFE(FU).
Never voted for a congressional pay raise.
And the list goes on.

So, there's my secret.

Shame?
Not really. Although the lead-in post was (in my mind) comical.

But the comments were funnier.
For the record: I am not gay, I am not MAC user (shudder), or a lesbian, Celion Dion fan, Hillary fetishist, Survivor or Dancing with the Stars fan, Michigan fan (nor Ohio, actually - I'm sports-neutral), or a foreign car or Prius owner.
(Granted, if I'm not gay, I obviously don't own a Prius)

Will I really be called names, and be shunned, and called stupid and paranoid and ignorant?
Yes.

Yes, I will.

But I can handle it.

And please, consider what I've said, and what I'm posting in the future.
I'm not crazy (or at least not any crazier than when I started this minuscule blog almost 3 years ago), and I love this country only behind my family and Jesus.

If we vote for the same type of folks, we're going to get the same results.

God bless America.
Ron Paul for President 2008.