Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Gunblogger Rendezvous II

Sorry for the late/light posting. Busy playing catch-up, plus the accelerated PLC class I'm teaching started tonight (for me - as I was absent Monday!).
Anyhoo...

The GBR II was a smashing success.
Guns, friendship, gambling, and good chow.

And for a good cause.
The money raised went to Project ValOUR-IT (Voice-Activated Laptops for OUR Injured Troops), and is part of the overall Soldiers' Angels cause (and they do great work as well).

This year's speaker was CPT Charles Chuck Ziegenfuss, who gave a very moving (and also funny) talk to us about his experiences and injuries, as well as how important and helpful these laptops for wounded soldiers are.




















A great guy and a great cause.
My wife won the grand prize at the dinner raffle, and graciously donated said prize (heh - a pistol) to Chuck.

He deserves it.
And my wife rocks.

Thank you for your service, your sacrafice, and the great work you are doing now, Chuck.
I am blown away.
Wow.

Also, I need to post about the Ko-Tonics 6.8 SPC upper (TOTALLY sweet!) for an AR, and tons of other stuff.

But I can't thank Chuck enough...