Monday, November 26, 2007

Everybody Panic.....NOW!!!

I'm getting a cold.
That sucks.

But what really scares me is it might be THE SUPER-DANGEROUS DEADLY KILLER COLD BUG FROM HECK!! Run!!!

This was a top news story this week on the national AND my local news.



Are people so devoid of logic and critical thought that they worry about a headline like this? That's 6.6 deaths a year in a country of over 300 million (and only half of those are here legally!).

Should not this be the next top headline:

Lightning—The Underrated Killer

In the United States, there are an estimated 25 million lightning flashes each year. During the past 30 years, lightning killed an average of 62 people per year. This ties the average of 62 deaths per year caused by tornadoes.
I mean, combined, tornadoes and lighting (which oft travel in pairs!) cause 20 TIMES MORE DEATHS THAN THE CAPTAIN TRIPS KILLER MUTATED COLD VIRUS!!!

Apparently, PSH is not just relegated to things involving firearms.

I think I'm going to go curl up in the fetal position in my basement and try not to get hurt by the world...