Monday, May 12, 2008

Conventional Wisdom?















According to this guy, the conventional wisdom holds true.

45's rule.

At least when reviewing things in real-life (and death)applications.
Go give the article a read, the information is anecdotal as you'll note, but still a very interesting read.

I like this quote:

Terminal Ballistics as Viewed in a Morgue

As for me, I'll take a slow-moving .45 to a gun fight any day. I absolutely despise a 9mm for defensive situations (yes, they will eventually kill but often not quickly enough to prevent the BG (bad guy) from doing you in first)and the .380 as well.

I don't know if I despise a 9mm, but it would not be my first choice, that is for sure.

45 ACP - Slow and heavy. The Teddy Kennedy of pistol rounds, at least from a physics standpoint. And a proven bad guy stopper.

I guess I'm just old-school. I like that late-1800's/early 1900's design. It has withstood the test of time, albeit with some modifications, but has remained basically the same gun it has been for the last 100 years or so.