Saturday, October 13, 2012

So, What's In Your Holster?

Opened the gunshop today and decided to take a pic of today's carry-piece (well, one of two, as I carry a backup...).


Ladies and Gentlemen, the Sig Sauer Platinum Elite 1911:

You'll see in the picture below the Sig has an external extractor, which is NOT how St. Browning designed it, but it still works.  Actually, this gun looks great, and has run absolutely flawlessly from round 1.  It is also accurate.  Interestingly, but perhaps not surprisingly, when I let people handle this in the shop (unloaded, of course), they never seem to want to give it back to me...  And no, it is not for sale (this was a Christmas present to me from my wife - the coolest wife EVAH!).

Those of you with a discerning eye might note a scratch or two on the left side of the slide (ouch).
That is because this gun hit the gravel drive one day, because stupid Galco's newer Jackass rigs don't let you carry a 1911 in condition 1 (cocked and locked), and they don't bother to mention that in the instructions.
(Note the hammer is down in the next pic; which means I have to lower the hammer down on a live round if I want to have one-handed operation out of the holster.)

So, what's in your holster?

6 comments:

Kevin said...

I can heartily recommend Cylinder & Slide's Safety Fast System hammer assembly. It allows you to carry cocked-n-locked with the hammer DOWN. Flip off the safety, the hammer comes back to the firing position. I have one installed in my 1st Gen Kimber Classic Stainless with several thousand rounds on it. It's a true drop-in, or at least it was for me, and it didn't affect the trigger pull in the slightest - still the best factory trigger I've ever used.

Anonymous said...

We've used some other Cylinder and Slide parts at the gunshop with very good results. Thanks for the tip!

jimmyb

Strategy Consulting said...

What a great gun you have there my friend. Where did you buy that?

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

I own a gunshop.

NotClauswitz said...

JimmyB's back!! YAY!!!! I have a Galco "Fletch" which is not about the 80's Chevy Chase movie but supposedly stands for: Federal Law Enforcement Training Center Holster - that does allow for my Ed Brown cocked and locked carry...
But I can't do that (carry) since I'm in CA, unless I go non-compliant like so many here already do...

Anonymous said...

I'm looking at an Alessi holster, maybe.
Thanks for the welcome, too!

jimmyb